How to Clean and Cure Your Molcajete
Congratulations on your new Molcajete from CEMCUI!!!
We want to ensure that you can fully enjoy your Molcajete for years to come. To help you get started, we have put together some simple steps to clean and cure your new Molcajete.
- Clean your molcajete thoroughly with water and a stiff-bristled brush to remove any loose debris or dust.
- Fill the molcajete with a mixture of 1 cup of dry rice and 1 tablespoon of salt. Use a pestle to grind the rice and salt mixture into a fine powder, working the mixture into the surface of the molcajete.
- Discard the rice and salt mixture and rinse the molcajete with warm water.
- Repeat the grinding process with fresh rice and salt until the water runs clear and there is no visible grit or debris left in the molcajete.
- Allow the molcajete to air dry completely.
- Rub the inside of the molcajete with a clove of garlic, working it into the surface of the stone to add flavor and seasoning.
- Rinse the molcajete again with warm water and dry it thoroughly.
Note: By following these steps, you can cure your molcajete and prepare it for use. You may need to repeat this process periodically to maintain the smoothness of the molcajete’s surface.
If you have any further questions or comments, you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org!